Friday, March 4, 2016
Introduction
I am currently in my Sophomore year of college as a Pre-Med major and I have had fibromyalgia for a total of 5 years. Since my Freshmen year of high school, it has been a long road of many painful days, lots of tears, plenty of doctors appointments and tests, and more medications than I care to count. I don't expect this blog to get a lot of views, but it will be my way to release the stress that comes along with a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. For a while, fibromyalgia defined who I was as a person, but after a while, I learned to get it under control. Now it is a part of who I am, but it does not define me as a person. I am just a person who has fibromyalgia. For me, pre-diagnosis was a struggle. There was a moment in time when I had 8 specialists and a doctors appointment almost every other day. I have had an MRI, nerve conduction tests, trips to the ER, and many days spent crying in my bed in just excruciating pain. As I lay here today making this blog and typing this post, I am on day 1 of Gabapentin as my last two medications are no longer working. It is now just 1 of 8 medications I am currently on. It is so hard for other people to understand the daily struggles that come with fibro, as well as it is just as hard to try to explain to other people what I go through. I am fortunate enough to have 2 amazing friends that put up with me and my daily pains. But, as amazing as they are, even they are not fully aware of what I deal with. I started looking for support groups to help deal with stress, but most are geared towards adults. I am barely out of teens so of course I am out of my element among conversations with middle-aged adults. So with no where else to turn, I decided blogging would be the best. Dealing with fibro and college and work is a lot, but somehow I make it through the week.
Labels:
college,
fibro,
fibromyalgia,
teen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment