Friday, March 4, 2016

A Totally Exhausting Week

Today marked the end of my first complete week of school. While college started back up for me in early January, this is the first week where I was successfully made it to all of my classes. Woo! Of course I am not just lazy. For the past 4 months, I have been dealing with what has basically been diagnosed as a severe asthma attack. Since the week before Halloween, I have been coughing non-stop, causing me to not be able to sleep and constantly have issues breathing. I was coughing so hard I was puking and at one point, I ended up in the ER because my O2 stats were getting low. After 8 doctors appointments, 4 rounds of antibiotics and 3 rounds of steriods, a scope down my nose, allergy testing, and a spirometer test, they decided I have both severe allergies and severe asthma. So on top of the 2 medicine I take for my fibro, I now have 2 inhalers (used to only have one from an old case of bronchitis), and 3 medicines fo help with my allergies. Add in my BCPs and I have the pleasure of taking 8 medications full time. Thankfully the ENT and the Pulmonologist have given me the proper mediciation finally to make me feel better, resulting in me being able to fonally get through a full week of of school. Before, I would cough so bad at night I wouldn't sleep, coughing caused my fibro to flare up so I was in pain, and then both lack of sleep and fibro made me exhausted so school became almost impossible. Thankfully I have amazing professors who have pushed things back for me and helped me start catching up. It's a long process to get my grades back where I want them, but it is slowly happening. One day at a time. But, I also added Ganapentin today. I used to take Amitriptyline, and that worked for just over 2 years. Then I was put on Xanax. While it worked for my anxiety, it didn't help with everything else fibro caused in me. So I decided I needed a new medicine and Gabapentin was what my doctor decided. After waking up at 7 am for classes every day, 3 days of work on my feet, and my normal tired, Gabapentin makes me tired. Therefore, it is 8pm on a Friday and I just woke up from a 'nap'. I have accomplished nothing for school today and I have work bright and early at 7am tomorrow, so it looks like I better get up and get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment