Thursday, March 17, 2016
Good Friends Help Bad Days
I don't know what happened today but it was just a classic fibromyalgia day. I woke up on time for my 8 am but I was in so much pain and still under the heavy influence of my medicines from the night before. So as I always do on mornings when I am not feeling good, I texted my friend to let her know that I was alive but that I was staying in to sleep in/ not go to class at all. After that one text at 7:50 and a call into the Pulmonologist to cancel my appointment, I fell back asleep with an alsrm set for 9:15. Next thing I know, my friend is standing over me, waking me up, handing me my phone, and then packing my bag for class. Have I ever mentioned how great my friends are? I had a statistics test for 11, so at 10 she came into my room and checked my phone to see if I had any alarms set (my dorm stays unlocked because I am HoH and she knows the password to my phone) and when she noticed I didn't, she woke me up to ask if I was going to class or not. On days we have 8ams together, MWF, she texts me to see if I am up at 7:30 and if I don't reply she comes and gets me up. On days I only have an 8am I usually text her to let her know I made it to class and if I don't text, she comes and checks on me before our 11am, as what happened today. I am so thankful for my friends and everything they do for me. I don't ask her to text me every morning to make sure I am up or to come get me if I don't. I don't ask her to pack my bag while I struggle to wake up and understand that getting out of bed is necessary. But they do it anyways. I am thankful they understand my medicine makes me over sleep and that they understand that because I am HoH (hard of hearing) and I sleep unaided, I sometimes don't hear my alarm. I am so blessed for having the friends I do because otherwise I don't know how I would get to classes most of the time.
Labels:
college,
exhaustion,
fibro,
fibromyalgia,
Gabapentin,
medication,
medicine,
school,
sleep,
teen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment